68. It is important to ensure solid initial formation in the Congregation, and to continue this formation throughout our life.
69. Formation involves constant conversion and growth in relation to oneself, to others and to God. As persons consecrated to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, each of us grows in fidelity to her vocation and mission to witness love and create communion.
Constitutions of the Brothers
71. The fundamental objectives of Initial Formation are:
1. to see to it that the candidates discern God’s call so that they might respond to it in a personal and a constantly renewed way;
2. to integrate them into the living tradition of the Congregation: begun by our Founders, incarnated throughout our history, expressed in our own law and updated by successive General and Provincial Chapters.